Now that I figured out how to resize my photos I'm gonna be a blogging fool!! Pictures load lightening fast now! Anyhoo, back to this long awaited post. Hayley turned 8 this year and we had a weekend long celebration. We all went to dinner at
Acapulco in Montclair on Friday (this was way back in April peeps, I'm that far behind.) For some reason she wanted Mexican food for her dinner but ended up ordering grilled cheese or some other nonsense. All six of us plus the mothers had a great dinner. They even sang to her and she got free birthday
flan. We're not big flan eaters so most of it sat untouched, although I think the birthday girl ate the whipped cream on the top. I forgot the camera so no pics of dinner. I get a big boo for that one. Sorry!! I'm sure everyone was glad they weren't blinded during dinner with my flash anyway. We spend Saturday getting some free stuff and eating 20 cent tacos for the
Wahoo's 20th Anniversay celebration in Chino Hills. It was soooo hot that day!! The anniversary celebration was cool though! (pun intended) We got cheap tacos, free samples from the bakery, frozen yogurt shop,
Pei Wei,
BJ's (our favorite) and
Monster drinks. Don't worry, the kids didn't have any energy drinks. They had lemonade from the bakery. I took a couple sips from the hub's Monster. I usually stay away from caffeine since it gives me
palpitations. Kids got stickers, free shirts from the frozen yogurt shop and Kaelyn got a free hat. There was even a snowboard demo in the 90 degree heat!! The snow was melting as fast as they were shoveling it up the ramp. We watched a couple runs then we were off to the
L.A. Zoo. Traffic was terrible as usual so we didn't have much time at the zoo when we finally made it there. Why is there traffic on a Sunday anways???
where's waldo, brandon style


poor guy, he's always stuck driving

the zoo was celebrating
earth day...the line to get into the zoo was like 3 miles long...ridiculous


celebrity sighting!! the famous alligator named something like ollie, allie, eddie, bobby...hell I can't remember now



where's waldo, prairie dog style by hayley


kk is too fast


in the petting zoo...seriously we came all this way to pet stinky farm animals??



this goat was hysterical...he'd throw his head back and his eyes would glaze over when this kid would pet him...tried to get a pic of it but the goat wasn't having it


some weird kid "milking" a cow statue





in line for the $30 scam, I mean tram ride....don't take the tram people!! it's just a trap to take your money!

whats a blog without several pictures of boring zoo animals?




unfortunately we had to take these animals home with us ;)

Yes, Drew skipped the zoo. He was smart and stayed out of the heat and hung out with one of his friends. We saw a lot of interesting things at the zoo, and not just the animals. The zoo seems to attract a number of questionable people. And several people in casts. Don't know what was up with all the broken bones. After a stop at In N Out for dinner we all needed showers. Think we smelled as bad as the flamingos.
No comments:
Post a Comment