Friday, June 12, 2009

honor roll and haircuts

I know, this blog is pretty boring at times but what can I say? We are kinda boring. My mom and I went to Kaelyn's award assembly on Tuesday. She got awards for most improved, Math Facts Champ (again) and honor roll. She was really excited to see her Gawa there. We took her to lunch after at Brandon's Diner where she chowed down on a huge meal-bacon omelette, hash browns and toast. I was in zombie mode since I worked the night before. I got in a whole 2 hours of sleep to see her assembly so after lunch I was done. Went back to bed before returning to work. I paid for it later. And a big yay goes out to Drew who passed all his classes. Onto his senior year! I'm sure I'll get a few more gray hairs by the end of next year.

I decided that it was time for a hair cut. I was on the fence about letting my hair grow out or keeping it short. Short hair won. I love it. I may even go back in a few weeks and have the back cut even shorter since the hubs said I didn't cut it short enough in the back. Hmph.



I guess Kaelyn was in the mood for a new do as well. She decided to play salon the other night while I was working and cut her hair herself. Now, I've done this many a time as a youngster but in my defense, I was way younger than her. She is 10 years old!!! You don't go around cutting your own hair at 10!! Aye!! Here is the before picture. Yes, it's turned on it's side. Just gonna have to deal, I'm too lazy to fix it.
And this is the result of a homemade haircut. It's a mullet. Yes, a mullet. A grown out mullet, but a mullet nonetheless. I promptly took her to Supercuts when I realized what she did.

This is the end result of a real haircut. (Is a Supercuts hair style a "real" haircut? The girl didn't do the greatest job but oh well. The mullet is now gone.)



She said she's been wanting to cut her hair but never really bugged me about it. I wish she didn't do it herself since her hair was long enough to donate to Locks of Love. I shouldn't complain since she could have cut it down to the scalp. Now that would have been bad!! Still, I think her new do is cute and it will look even cute when we get to style it. After her haircut she went to a pool party. Scuse me while I go hide all the scissors.

1 comment:

David said...

Kaelyn's new haircut -- the second one -- looks cute.