Saturday, October 17, 2009

roller derby and bad news bears

Not a whole lot of football news. Basically the T-Birds are getting their butts kicked every game. They've played 5 games and have lost every one. It's frustrating and you can only tell the kids "good job, you'll win next time." I don't think the kids believe it. This week is a bye week. It's nice not to have to worry about getting up early, keeping score and worrying about winning/losing another game.

In other news, we had a belated birthday party for Kaelyn at the roller rink. We had a lot of fun. The pictures speak for themselves.





This was after we got there and she started crying because she couldn't skate. Guess she thought she'd be able to skate just by putting the skates on. Took some convincing to get her out there.


Brandon and Kaelyn doing the limbo.



It's not a blog post without a self-portrait.


The "couples" skate.





Me and Hay skating. She didn't really skate. She's basically rolling along while I'm pulling her.


Brandon couldn't skate either. He started off walking along the way til he finally could skate. He developed his own signature style. Looked kinda like a cross between Frankenstein and a man with Parkinson's.



Knee injuries. Everyone else fell but me.



Make a wish!


Roller skating turned out to be a lot more fun than I was expecting. The hubs and I have blisters on our feet and my arms hurt from holding Hayley up. Tomorrow we're going Halloween shopping and to see a movie. Just the perfect, relaxing weekend I've been needing.

1 comment:

David said...

Time for a new blog message!