Friday, April 23, 2010

big bear part 2

My next several posts will be out of order since our photos are all over the place-on the lap top, on the camera, the external hard drive, Drew's computer, etc. We took another FREE trip to Big Bear with the kids in March. Ok, technically it's not free since we have to pay for gas to get there and need groceries but the cabin is free. Think it was the beginning of March but I'm not quite sure exactly. Doesn't really matter anyway. That particular weekend was expecting a big storm and snow so we were really excited! I was kinda nervous about getting trapped up there but the hubby was secretly hoping we would. We were all prepared though with chains and lots of yummy food. Didn't end up needing chains though. There was a light snow falling on Sunday when we left but we didn't have to put the chains on. On Saturday we spent the day tubing at the local tubing park. It was sooo much fun but so tiring. Don't have any pics of this since I left the camera at the cabin. That night we walked to the Village to see Alice in Wonderland. Sunday we took a walk down by the lake and had pizza before we left.


one of the bedrooms....where do they find these funky bedspreads??


living room and kitchen


different angle of the living room



our cabin


taking a walk around in the snow



making a snow angel


awww



these were outside one of the candy shops in the Village




big ass icicle


Grizzly Adams


leaving for our walk to the Village





make sure it's not yellow!!


I'm freezing but I'm trying hard not to complain too much...I hate being cold but I love winter, go figure

















part of the water was frozen....don't fall in!!


wanna go ice skating?


he got this hat at the $3 store in the Village! everything is $3!




heart shaped snowball


snowball fight! guess who won?




this was how the mountain looked on our way home...scary



the ride home was very tense...our trusty driver wasn't scared but I was




We had to get the kids some shoes from Payless since their shoes were soaking wet from the snow. We waited too long to get them snow shoes. D'oh! Next winter they will definitely need snow boots. Don't want anyone losing a toe to frostbite.

No comments: