Sunday, September 20, 2009

early birthday dinner

Today we had a family dinner to celebrate KK's birthday. She turns 11 on Tuesday. How time does fly!! I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. I won't bore you with a birth story but I will share this funny tidbit-my water broke on her dad's side of the bed while I was trying to take a nap. Hehehehe. Kaelyn picked Vince's Spaghetti for her birthday celebration. So yummy. On her actual birthday she's looking forward to making coffee cake for her class and hearing her name on the intercom. Guess they announce the day's birthdays at her school. Later that evening, she's going with the hubby to an Angel's game. Ahh, to be a kid again...


looking at the menu....hmmm, so many choices lol


the birthday girl looking kinda glum (don't know why some of the pics are blurry...Drew was the photog again)


it's a party for cryin out loud!! perk up kid!


oh lord, the emo years are starting early


jeez, it's a party, not a funeral!


Gawa



think Brandon doesn't like the soup...it's not like there's corn in it!


mmmmm bread


tasty!


emo hair getting in her sauce



big ass plate of mostagna, the newest item on the menu...it's like lasagna but with mostaccoli noodles



woohoo a smile!! her foul mood must have been due to hunger, not emo-ness




stuffing his cheeks for the winter


extreme cheese bread close-up


"you mean some day I'll have to pay for my own dinner??"


trying to figure out the childproof lighter


lighting the 11 candles



she didn't want the employees singing for her so we sang...extra loud...probably the loudest we've ever sang


happy birthday kid


the hubby using his mad geometry skills to cut into the birthday pie...she picked out a cookies n cream ice cream pie....it was scrumptious


the photog getting a picture taken




she got a couple games for her PSP, some iCarly stuff and money


don't squeeze her too tight, she might pop after all the food we ate!


We have leftovers for days. I think the portions get bigger and bigger every time we go. It's kinda fun just to people watch there also. We saw some interesting outfits on the older crowd. I had no idea capri overalls were in style.

Not much going on this week except for the Angel's game and football this coming weekend. Thankfully, we only have to drive to Yucaipa for the game and not to Thermal. I won't be sad if I never have to set foot in that town again.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday, K!!!! OMG, she looks so mature. You had me worried for awhile there with those emo shots, so you can imagine my relief when I saw her beautiful smile again. It's too soon for that. Wish we could have been there. Give her hugs!

David said...

Happy birthday, Kaelyn!

That mosta-whatever closeup looks like a beating heart. Yum!