Holy crap it's taken me forever to get this post up. Been so busy working, sleeping, dealing with kids and dealing with a sometimes crappy internet connection. The hubs had a wonderful birthday celebration on 3/14. I had to work the night before so I wasn't able to hang out or do anything fun during the day. Think he just hung with the kiddies and waited for me to get my ass outta bed. Drew was given the go ahead to spend the day at Magic Mountain for his friend's birthday so it was just the 5 of us. We all got ready and picked up two yummy cakes (one for hubby, one for his mom-they share a birthday). The hubs got a
german chocolate cake and his mom got white with
bavarian cream filling. We headed to BJ's to put our names in for dinner since they wouldn't take a reservation for our group of 13. It was a 90 minute wait!! Yikes!! We ran to the bank to kill some time. Yeah, it only killed about 10 minutes. lol Dinner was fabulous, as always. Me and the hubs shared the buffalo chicken pizza, kids had burgers & grilled cheese. After a yummy dinner and birthday cake we headed out to
K1 in Ontario for some go-karting. I've never done this and I have to say I was nervous. I'm not a huge fan of cars, racing, wearing a nasty sock on my head and getting helmet hair, etc. Yes, you have to wear some tight sock thingy on your head and then a helmet. Seriously?!? I felt so claustrophobic and couldn't move my head around very good and I'm supposed to race around with all these guys that are into cars?!? Ugh! But I have to admit, it was fun and it was for the hubby's birthday so I didn't complain too much. Of course I was in last place but whatev. After K1 we all decided to go have some drinks in a loud, dirty bar. Tossed some money around, had lots of laughs and had a great time. Of course, what would a late night out having some cocktails be without a stop at Denny's for some
Moons Over My Hammy?? Spent the next day relaxing and napping for another night at work for me. Good thing we don't celebrate most of our birthdays like this, we are getting too old for such celebrating. ;) Now onto some pictures!!!
this is the "quit saying that I'm turning 35" face while going to pick up the cakes


the little people...they did good waiting for 90 minutes at BJ's


i almost fell over trying to get this shot, hence the big grin on his face



where's waldo again?

and again?


this was only part of our group-we had a total of 13 people for dinner




singing happy birthday for 2 people at once



these next set of photos were stolen from
jon chase 

dstroyr mom

at K1

tony pham getting in a pre race nap

me and kat

the karts

yeah i look effing ridiculous!!! i couldn't get that thing off fast enough when we were done

tony pham and his lovely lady friend

need to watch out for this one, she's crazy!!


robert, tony and robbie after the race

the winners-go team dstroyr!!

breakfast at denny's

i pretty much sucked at racing

This weekend's excitement will be some yardwork if the weather cooperates! Woohoo!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday babe!!
No comments:
Post a Comment