Saturday, March 28, 2009

Long Beach Aquarium

Spent a lovely spring day at the Long Beach Aquarium this last Friday. The kids have been on Spring Break so we took advantage of the nice weather. Of course Drew had better things to do then to go with us so it was just me, KK and the hubs. Got discount tickets from work and we were off!

this is the "what is up with all the freakin traffic at noon??" face...shouldn't have stopped for breakfast at Coco's, should have just grabbed food and left.


I'm not driving so I'm still smiling...eventually I fell asleep...I'm like an infant in the car, the lull of the car makes me sleepy


waiting for the 3D show Monsters of the Deep to start....it was kinda cheesy


sand dollars are fuzzy


can you spot the fish hiding in the sand?


petting the sting rays....they are covered with mucus!!! gross!!


jelly fish...most of our pictures turned out like crap




the crabs were so creepy looking...looked like aliens





a sea dragon


don't know what this fish was called but he was so ugly






crazy bird man!! the birds were biting his earrings and biting at his back!! luckily we didn't get pooped on while we were in there...when the birds pooped it would shoot out really fast at an angle



horseshoe crab....they are as old as dinosaurs and are related to spiders ??


pile 'o sharks...yes, you can pet them...even though I'm terrified of sharks, I did pet them....I'm mostly scared of the big white ones with the huge teeth



a saw shark...he mostly sat at the bottom of the tank


a flying rat in it's natural habitat


some lady offered to take our picture...this is usually how they turn out since no one is used to looking through the viewfinder with a DSLR camera



the Queen Mary in the background



After the Aquarium we had dinner at Chili's. I think a lot of people from the Aquarium ended up there. The hubs had their chicken crispers, Kaelyn had ribs and I had the buffalo chicken salad. Lucky for everyone involved, the chicken crispers didn't do their usual damage on the hub's belly. ;)

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Looks like you had fun - once you got there! Wylie would love the aquarium. We have to make it a stop next time we're in CA.